Incompatibility with Visual Studio 2010

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Installing the Addin on VS 2010 is not succeding with no Buddy Build menu getting created . It would be great if we can get an idea on when a compatible version of the tool can be expected. Our team is really excited about onboarding this tool to our process

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Hi,

The installer currently registers the tool only on VS2008. It intentionally does not register the tool under VS2010. The main reason is that there are no plans to port the tool to VS2010 since it is recommended that you use VS2010 against TFS 2010 which includes the functionality of buddy builds and gated checkins out of the box.

Were you planning to use the tool on VS2010 but against TFS2008? I would not recommend that since you will be missing a lot of the features that TFS2010 will be delivering.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:33 PM

HI mojallou,

Sorry for not being clear, we are already using TFS 2010 and wasn’t aware of the Gated check – in feature , thanks a lot for your clarification J

Thanks

Hari

Sent: 02 February 2010 22:24
To: Harikrishna Menon
Subject: Re: Incompatibility with Visual Studio 2010 [BuddyBuild:82869]

Hi,

The installer currently registers the tool only on VS2008. It intentionally does not register the tool under VS2010. The main reason is that there are no plans to port the tool to VS2010 since it is recommended that you use VS2010 against TFS 2010 which includes the functionality of buddy builds and gated checkins out of the box.

Were you planning to use the tool on VS2010 but against TFS2008? I would not recommend that since you will be missing a lot of the features that TFS2010 will be delivering.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (BuddyBuild@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email BuddyBuild@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Hi, We currently run TFS 2008 and use Visual Studio 2010. We're not planning on upgrading to TFS 2010 yet, unfortunately. I realise that there is new functionality in TFS2010, including gated check-ins but for now that is not an option for us. Would it be possible for you to release a version of Buddy Build that works within Visual Studio 2010?
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you guys are not ready to move to TFS 2010 yet. I can understand...

Yes, I can create a VS 2010 version of the tool that you can use until you move to TFS 2010 (hopefully soon :) ). Give me till the end of this week to get that done and tested.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Hi mojallou, Thanks for creating a VS 2010 version. It's much appreciated.