Error testing the web service on installation

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Hi all,

I've installed and configured the web service following the guide available for download. However when i test the web service queuing a build it gives the following error:

System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.
at BuddyBuildIntegrationWebService.BuildService.QueueBuild(String tfsHostName, String teamProjectName, String buildDefinitionName, String buildAgentName, String priority, String msbuildCommandLinePropertyValue, String requestedFor, String dropLocation, Boolean onlyRegularBuild)
at BuddyBuildIntegrationWebService.BuildService.QueueBuddyBuild(String tfsHostName, String teamProjectName, String buildDefinitionName, String buildAgentName, String priority, String msbuildCommandLinePropertyValue, String requestedFor)

I'm not sure if the problem is because the ASP.NET 2.0 mappings (i truly believe that is not) but...

Do you have any idea what can be?

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Hi,

It seems that you have installed the Buddy Build web service on a Sharepoint web site instance. Typically, on a TFS server, the default web site is Sharepoint-configured. So, if you have installed the Buddy Build web service on the default web site on on some other web site that is a Sharepoint web site, you will need to uninstall it and follow one of the following two options:

1) Either create a new web site and a new application pool and select the two during the Buddy Build web service setup,

2) Or you can choose to install the Buddy Build web service on the Team Foundation Server web site. Since you are strongly adviced not to run under the TFS app pool, I suggest you create a new app pool and use that for the Buddy Build web service. The best way to achieve that is to create a new app pool based on the Team Foundation Server AppPool. You can change the identity of the app pool to the Build Service Account (typically tfsbuild).

Hope this helps. Let me know if the above is not the case so I can help troubleshoot further.