Tool doesn't throw any errors but doesn't apply shelve set

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Hi,

This is awesome tool - thanks.

I have one issue though.

I have installed  VS add-in on my machine and tools on build server. I have modified TFSBuild.proj to import buddy build extensions.

When I do build (regular or with shelve set) using buddy build VS add-in everything goes fine (build is successful), however I don't see any results of buddy build work in build steps (like illustated in documentation):

and it looks like build process is not affected by buddy build at all - because shelve set is not applied after getting sources. I have checked - shelve set with pending changes successfully created and as I see its name (and some other arguments) passed as MSBuild properties to team build. However looks like something and somewhere is not hooked up properly, so buddy build doesn't participate in build process.

Do you have any ideas why it may happen and what I'm missing?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Hi,

If you are not getting any errors or not seeing a partially successful build, then the most likely reason for the behavior you are experiencing is if the import statement is not present in the build script.

Can you confirm that you have added the import statement to the correct build script that corresponds to the build definition you are executing?

Also, you might want to check the BuildLog.txt file for any messages. The following message should be present towards the top of the log file: "Buddy Build Task Version: 1.0.82.0."

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Hi,

I have restarted build agent machine and it works now. Possibly just restarting build agent after installing buddy build targets would help - not sure though. 

Thanks anyway, your tool is great.